“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.”-MJ23

“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.”-MJ23

4.20.2012

Janoris Jenkins Worth The Risk?

  
   Janoris Jenkins has been the subjected to fall in this year's draft due to character concerns, but is arguably the best corner in the draft. While at Florida, Jenkins shutdown all top three SEC receivers i.e. A.J. Green, Julio Jones; Alshon Jeffrey someting top projected Morris Claiborne  never accomplished himself . AJ Green came to Jenkin's defense when he was quoted stating Jenkins was the best corner he faced throughout his collegiate career. That means a lot coming from a guy who just had one of the best seasons a rookie receiver has ever had. There is no doubt in my mind Jenkins is the best cover corner in this draft and has elite ball skills that will transition at the next level.

    I understand Jenkins is a huge risk, but he's also a huge reward if he gets his act together and could end up being a steal come draft day. If he ends up on a team in the right situation like the Patriots they could land a top 5 talent in the 20's. Look for teams in the middle of the first round with a dire need at corner to roll the dice I think he's worth it. With the NFL becoming a pass happy league and the cornerback position becoming even more valuable I expect some teams to overlook those concerns and take a chance. In my eyes Jenkins is worth that risk and if it was up to me he'd be the second pick off the board.




No comments:

Post a Comment